The major duties and responsibilities of a garments merchandiser are listed below :
1. To produce or collect a garment export order.
2. To estimate time schedule for the exports of those garments as per L/C.
3. To estimate all the raw materials needed for the garments to manufacture and export.
4. To monitor collection of raw materials as per time schedule.
5. To monitor quantity and quality of the collected raw materials.
6. To select garment factory if needed.
7. To monitor garments production progress as per time schedule.
8. To monitor desired/imposed quality level of the produced garment.
9. To monitor garments packing instructions.
10. To monitor banking or shipment arrangements as per time schedule.
11. To maintain continuous liaison with his or her controlling authorities.
12. To earn profit as per garment export execution.